- Step 1: DON'T day dream about spending four days at a wellness retreat. Yes, the thought of sunrise yoga, followed by a spread of nuts and berries, afternoons lounging by the pool, multiple spa treatments, hiking, and nights consuming entire bottles of pinot noir sounds divine UNTIL reality slaps you in the face when you discover the price of such luxury at your ideal location. Damn Miraval it's like that???
- Step 2: DON'T spend a week researching alternative, yet equally expensive, options. Either increase your budget or adjust your expectations. Five star accommodations at one star rates just does not happen. . . Unless it does??? Where is that deal?!
- Step 3: Once you've come back to your senses and have chosen a respectable second option it is finally time to get serious. This DOES NOT mean that you should run to the extreme left. Trying to Groupon your entire trip from airfare and accommodations to meals and activities will lead to discovering some rather unpleasant and disturbing reviews. You get what you pay for now come back to reality.
- Step 4: Speaking of reviews YOU DO NOT need to read all 4,678 of them. The deeper you go the more you begin to wonder why you even want to leave your safe, warm, quiet (after the kids are in bed), bug free, clean house.
- Step 5: DO ask yourself where your bestie is in all of this and why you are going crazy alone?
Stay tuned for my tips on HOW TO plan a mommy's gone wild weekend jaunt the right way.